Indian herbs sandalwood oil in best rate | Best selling products | pure original | Certified products
Mysore sandalwood oil
Sandalwood oil cooling and calming aromatic herb, with astringent, antispasmodic, digestive, diuretic, analgesic.Sandalwood oil is from India and extracted from Santalum album of the Santalaceae family and is also known as East Indian sandalwood, santal, saunders and sandalwood Mysore. The documented use of the wood goes back 4000 years and caravans carrying this wood from India to Egypt, Greece and Rome were a familiar sight. Many temples were built from the wood and the Egyptians used the oil in embalming.
Sandalwood is an evergreen, parasitic tree that burrows its roots into other trees. It can grow up to 9 meters (30 feet) high and has a brown-gray trunk, many smooth slender branches, leathery leaves and small pink-purple flowers. It is agreed that the best sandalwood oil is from Mysore in India.
Appearance : wooden chips and powdered forms.
Aroma : Woody, Exotic smell, Subtle and Lingering
Color : Pale yellow to pale gold
Chemical constituents: The main chemical components are santalol, santyl acetate and santalene.
Extraction: Sandalwood oil is extracted from the chipped heartwood by steam distillation.
1. Sandalwood essential oil helps to moisturize and hydrate ageing, dry or flaky skin, relieving itching and inflammation and its astringent action balances oily skin conditions.
2. Sandalwood is much in demand as incense and has a calming effect during meditation.
3. The oil of Sandalwood is used externally in aromatherapy and is said to calm the mind and body.
4. It is also thought to help those who are suffering from stress and to soothe tension and anxiety.
5. It is also used to treat dizziness as well as general chest complaints.
6.Its antibacterial qualities have also made it effective in deodorants and as a mouthwash to treat bad breath.
7. It helps to clear up catarrh as well as a dry cough, boosts the digestive system and helpful in diarrhoea.
8. Internally, sandalwood can be used for disorders of the genital and urinary tract, stomach and digestive problems as well as for fever and sunstroke.9. As a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath, sandalwood oil can assist with bladder infections as well as chest infections and bronchitis, coughs, dry eczema, insomnia, forming scar tissue, irritability, nervous tension, stress, tension, as an aphrodisiac and for relaxing.
9. It can be effective when diluted and used as a gargle for a sore or dry throat.